In January of 1876, approximately sixty people of the Reformed faith organized a Reformed congregation in Emmaus. The young congregations of the Reformed and Lutherans faiths consecrated a union in early 1882.
The two congregations dedicated their new church located at the corner of North Third Street and Green Alley on November 12, 1882. Our congregation worshipped there for thirty-eight years and then built a new large Gothic structure made of Seisholtzville granite at the corner of North Fourth Street and North Street. Dedication for the new building was on May 4, 1924.
In June of 1934, the Reformed Church merged with the Evangelical Synod of North America forming the Evangelical Reformed Church. Then in June of 1957, another merger took place with the Congregational Christian Churches forming the United Church of Christ.
With a growing Membership, the congregation decided to erect a Christian Education wing in 1963.
On Sunday, January 19, 2003, the congregation celebrated the completion of the $1.9 million renovation project with a dedication program.
Rev. Alfred J.G. Dubbs - 1876-1886
Rev. Charles E. Schaeffer - 1892-1896
Rev. P.A. Delong - 1897-1899
Rev. Joseph P. Bachman - 1900-1908
Rev. John B. Stoudt - 1909-1911
Rev. Daniel E. Schaeffer - 1911-1937
Rev. Royce E. Schaeffer - 1938-1968
Rev. David H. Knoebel - 1969-1985
Rev. Glenn A. Hagen - 1987-1989
Rev. Dr. William C. Fenstermacher 1993-2002
Rev. Dr. Paul W. Knappenberger 2005-present